This course aims to further extend participant’s knowledge of recent developments in infection biology and to improve the understanding of key scientific questions and approaches in infection biology research.
This course offers a “behind the scenes” look into the process of infection biology research and publishing. Four researchers will talk about their science and “the story behind the paper” to give the students more insight into paths, pitfalls, and strategies to conduct research, prepare a manuscript and handle the peer review process -while at the same time learning about exciting new infection biology research!
The speakers will address questions such as:
- What challenges had to be faced?
- Did the final conclusion match the initial hypothesis?
- Which decisions led to a breakthrough in the study?
- How did they decide which journal was suitable for their study?
- Was the publishing process smooth or cumbersome?
Each speaker will present examples from their own research, explaining how their findings contribute to the field of infection biology, identifying key moments and decisions and sharing their experience in publishing this work. The course will be given in Teams and consists of an introduction and four lectures with an interactive element.
Course: April 2022
Deadline for registration: 1 April 2022
The course is mainly directed towards PhD students in our Infection & Immunity PhD programme.
However, the course is open to all scientists with an interest in Immunology.
The course is given in English.
To qualify for the certificate, participants need to attend at least 80% of the lectures.
Attendance is registered.
2 days / 0,6 EC
- UU/UMCU PhD students (GSLS members): Free
- Technicians: please contact our secretary
- External participants: € 200,00